HOME HEATING TIPS FOR THE WINTER MONTHS
It’s that time of year again! Time to break out the hats, gloves, jackets, and scarves for those cold winter months. There are a few things to keep in mind with your heating system during this time of the year. If you have a heating system installed at home, these tips will help you get through the winter season safely and efficiently.
Here are a few home heating tips for the winter months:
- Make sure to get your furnace There may be minor problems with the system that you don’t notice until it gets cold outside, leading to significant issues later.
- Keep any vents in unused rooms clear of furniture or other items that might block airflow. Some furnaces are more sensitive than others when it comes to blocked vents.
- Make sure to check all your windows for drafts and insulate them if you find any. Drafts can be a significant cause of high heating costs, so take care of this problem before it gets too cold outside!
- Adjust water heater temperature to 120°F/49°C, which is the recommended temperature for winter use. This temperature is hot enough to keep diseases at bay but not hot enough to cause scalding.
- Close fireplace dampers when your fireplace is not in use. This helps to keep cold air from swirling down into the house.
- Install a programmable thermostat and set the hold temperature to 68°F/20°C when you are at home and 58°F/14°C when you are away.
If you follow these home heating tips for the winter months, then there should be no problem keeping everyone safe and warm in your own home this year! If you don’t already have a heating system installed at your home, Ashton Heating & Cooling can assist you in finding the right one.